Welton Parish Council – Website Accessibility Statement
Recent legislation requires government sponsored websites to produce an accessibility statement for the benefit of users who may have visual or dexterity-related impairments. This accessibility statement applies to the Welton Parish Council website at https://www.welton-pc.gov.uk/.
This website is run by Welton Parish Council, and we want as many people as possible to be able to use it. For example, that means you should be able to:
- Change colours, contrast levels and fonts
- Zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
- Navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- Navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- Listen to most of the website using a screen reader
How Accessible This Website Is
We know some parts of this website are not fully accessible:
- You cannot modify the line height or spacing of text or change colours, contrast levels and fonts
- Navigate the menu bar using just a keyboard
- Most older PDF documents are not fully accessible to screen reader software
We will however continue to make accessibility improvements to the website, and work to make the content as easy as possible to understand. In the meantime, if you have accessibility issues, then consider using the browser zoom control (PC/laptop) to enlarge the text or use the ‘Settings’ on your mobile device to select a larger font. You can also install (PC/laptop) a text to speech (TTS) reader, or use the ‘Settings’ on your mobile device to switch on a text reader.
If you have difficulty using a mouse or keyboard then consider installing a speech recognition extension for your browser which will enable you to navigate hands free.
Click on this link to AbilityNet where you will find advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
Feedback And Contact Information
If you need information on this website in a different format like accessible PDF, large print, easy read, audio recording or braille email email@example.com. We’ll consider your request and get back to you in 5 days.